The Parish Council held the second of its monthly meetings via video conference on Wednesday 13th May and was attended by all Parish Councillors, District and County Councillors and three members of the public. Parish business was successfully discussed as all adapt to the new ways of working following a change in legislation to allow Council meetings to take place via video conference.
As usual, a wide range of topics was discussed, including:
- An upgrade to the Village Hall CCTV system following equipment failure.
- West Oxfordshire District Council have paid Business Continuity grants of £10,000 each to the Village Hall and Community Gym in order to offset loss of revenue and additional costs during the Covid-19 pandemic.
- Winter damage by vehicles to the Village Greens and ways of tackling this going forward.
- Preparation for a public consultation on the location and uses for the red phone box, currently undergoing restoration following its purchase for the village through group fundraising.
- An update on progress with drainage problems around the village.
- Councillors recorded their thanks to Christina Wilson and the staff at the Shop for their work with the village volunteer group in response to Covid-19. There was an overwhelming response from residents to the initial request for help and much work has been done in taking orders and working with a rota system to deliver orders, collect prescriptions etc for those in need of help.
- The new Parish Council website is up and running and has replaced the existing village website with information having been migrated across. The new website can be found at http://www.leafieldparishcouncil.org . Please take a look and sign up to the update service on the homepage so we can provide agendas, minutes and news items direct to your inbox. You can opt out at any time.
- Problems with inappropriate disposal of dog waste bags and ways of tackling it.
The Annual Meeting of the Council will take place next Wednesday 20th May at 8pm and the next Ordinary Parish Council meeting will be on Wednesday 10th June at 8pm. Both meetings will be held via video conference and agendas will be published on the new website and noticeboards. If you would like to attend via Zoom please contact the Clerk on at https://leafieldparishcouncil.org/contact/ for log in details.